The Master of Arts in Global Mental Health Counseling’s unique courses offer a comprehensive program suitable for those pursuing a career in global mental health research, mental health and psychosocial programming, project management, or policy.
Master of Arts in Global Mental Health Counseling Frequently Asked Questions
- How long does the program typically take?
If a student goes full-time, it typically takes 1-1 ½ years.
- Do you have a program of study that I could reference? (i.e. which classes are recommended each semester)
You can see our course checklist online; we encourage students to work with the registrar to determine what courses to take. Online students progress through the program with a cohort and have designated courses to take each semester. On campus students have more flexibility.
- Are there tours available for grad students?
Yes, you can call graduate admissions to schedule a tour.
- When are the application deadlines?
- Fall Admissions deadline July 18
- Spring Admissions deadline Nov 1
- Summer Admissions deadline May 1
- How often do classes meet?
The Master of Arts in Global Mental Health Counseling is designed as an online degree since many of our students live overseas. However, students may choose to take a few on-campus classes if they prefer. On campus meet one day a week (either Monday or Tuesday); some students choose to come both days and many just come to campus once a week. Online courses offer flexibility and students have due dates but classes are not synchronous (classes do not gather or interact in “real-time”).
- How many classes are week-long intensives?
There are no intensives required for this degree.
- How many credits can I transfer from another institution?
For transfer requirements, the Counseling Faculty will review prospective candidate transfers on a case by case basis but transfer credit may be accepted. Should a transfer be granted, admission requirements must be met. A maximum of 9 transfer credit hours will be accepted for the Master of Arts in Global Mental Health Counseling.
*Students interested in adding the Sports Psychology Endorsement may have additional requirements and can email Dr. Fowler at email@example.com for more information.